What’s better than a warm casserole coming out of the oven? Of course, a warm pie would most likely be better, but we’re talking dinner options here. This Curry Chicken & Broccoli, Spaghetti Squash Casserole is at the top of the favorites list. Easy to make, healthy to eat, & also tasty! Three wins in one dish. Go on and try for yourself.
- 1 lb diced chicken meat (I use thighs, as I prefer a dark meat)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Wash & dry your spaghetti squash, then slice it in half lengthwise. Clean out the insides of it. Toss salt and pepper as well as 2 tbsp of the avocado oil on top of it and flip skin side up on a baking sheet. Pop in the oven for 35-40 minutes. We're not looking for mushy strings, only al dente, since it will be cooking again.
- Once it cooks, take out of the oven & let cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 375F.
- In the meantime, heat the rest of your avocado oil in a skillet & cook your shallots for a couple of minutes. Put in the garlic and cook for another minute. Add in your chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top the chicken mixture with the curry powder, smoked paprika, coconut aminos & the can of coconut cream . Add in the salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix and cook for a few more minutes.
- Toss in your broccoli in the chicken & mix well together.
- Get yourself a baking dish & then shred the spaghetti squash with a fork into the dish. Add in the chicken & broccoli mixture as well as the whisked eggs. Mix everything to coat the dish evenly.
- Pop the casserole into the oven for 35 minutes or until done.
- Serve with guacamole & salsa or whatever toppings sound good to you.
Want to make this later? Pin the image below!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase I have recommended. While clicking the link will not cost you extra money, it will help me keep this site up and running.