What tastes better than a fluffy, flavorful bowl of rice as a side to any good meal? Maybe one that is flavored with vegetables & also a kid favorite! In this post, I will share my Tomato Veggie Rice recipe that you and your kids will love. It’s simple to make, the vegetables are pulsed in a processor before being mixed with the rice – masking any textural issues some kids have, while still providing a delicious alternative to the regular bowl of rice. Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers of choice, diced
- big handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add in the onions and cook down a few minutes before adding in the garlic. Cook for another minute and add in the spices so they have a chance to become fragrant and open up their full body flavor.
- Add the chopped bell peppers cook a few minutes before adding in the chopped tomatoes.
- Heat everything through, top with the chopped parsley.
- Transfer contents into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until it reaches the consistency that you prefer.
- Mix the vegetable mixture with the rice, plate and serve.
Want to make this later? Pin the image below and get back to it later.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase I have recommended. While clicking the link will not cost you extra money, it will help me keep this site up and running.